Musika is a Zambian non-profit company that works to stimulate private sector investment in the smallholder markets.
For reasons of sustainability and to reduce market distortions, Musika rarely implements interventions directly at the level of the rural poor, which are Musika's (and its donors') ultimate 'clients'. Musika's monitoring and evaluation system aims to demonstrate how its interventions at the level of the firm lead to the desired impact at the level of the ultimate 'clients', and how that impact will be measured and attributed to the project.
- Zambia National Farmers Union (ZNFU)
- Golden Valley Agricultural Research Trust (GART)
- Grain Traders Association of Zambia (GTAZ)
- Indaba Agricultural Policy Research Institute (IAPRI)
- Zambia Seed Traders Association (ZASTA)
- Bankers Association of Zambia (BAZ)
Musika is managed by a local team with an extensive and accomplished record in agricultural market development. An experienced Board of Directors drawn from the Zambian agricultural and business communities also supports Musika’s work. Musika started its operations in November 2011 and receives funding support from the Swedish Embassy in Lusaka.